Sourdough Banana Bread Recipe
Using leftover sourdough starter to create epic food
Waste’s nothing, a good chef see’s worth and deliciousness in everything. This recipe utilises excess sourdough starter and over ripe bananas to make our super tasty and healthy sourdough banana bread. Maintaining and making sourdough starter at home means you are constantly feeding and wastefully discarding sourdough starter. Dont be fooled this excess starter can be used to create so many epic recipes including our sourdough banana bread.
SHARE THIS RECIPE!
3 ripe bananas
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup sourdough starter
2 cups whole grain self raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees/ 180 °c
- Butter a 9×5 loaf pan. You could also line with parchment paper and spray with baking spray
- In a bowl, smash the bananas. Add in the oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla and stir together until combined.
- Fold in unfed sourdough starter.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, sea salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir until combined.
- Transfer batter into the loaf pan and sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a tester inserted in middle comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes and then gently remove onto a wire rack to thoroughly cool
Hey Food Lover!
Gain access to our new weekly recipes straight to your inbox and join our exclusive Food Lovers Facebook Group!