Healthy Beef San Choy Bow
What is San Choy Bow?
In Cantonese, the word ‘Sang Choi’ translates to lettuce and the word ‘Bao’ means to wrap. So San Choy Bow or San Choy Bau means ‘lettuce wrap’ and it’s one of my all-time favorite Chinese starters that just happens to be healthy and delicious.
San Choy Bow is a Chinese starter consisting of pork, chicken, or beef, loads of hidden crunchy vegetables in a tasty savory brown sauce bundled up fresh lettuce leaves. It’s a fantastic mid-week go-to meal that ticks all the boxes and takes next to no time to make.
My Healthy Beef San Choy Bow packs a flavor punch using delicious beef mince and ingredients you can get from any market, all wrapped up in a refreshing lettuce leaf.
Sometimes all you want is a tasty quick, easy, and healthy mid-week meal that doesn’t break the bank. So I thought id share with you my absolute favorite, it ticks all the boxes and takes next to no time to make. My Healthy Beef San Choy Bow packs a flavor punch using delicious beef mince and ingredients you can get from any market, all wrapped up in a refreshing lettuce leaf.
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
COOK TIME: 10 MINS
SHARE THIS RECIPE!
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 2 lime juice and rind
- 2 tablespoons coriander chopped
- 10 large lettuce leaves
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon crispy fried onions
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- In a hot pan or wok add sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and mince and cook for a 3-4 minute until the mince has colored.
- Add soy sauce and oyster sauce and fry for another 5 minutes, then take off the heat and fold threw coriander, shallots, sesame seeds, lime rind, and juice.
- Spoon beef mixture into lettuce leaves then garnishes with sesame seeds, coriander, fried onions and sesame seeds.
Bondi Harvest recipes use a conventional fan oven, measuring at Degrees Celsius °C.
Bondi Harvest recipe measurements use the Metric system.
Hey Food Lover!
Gain access to our new weekly recipes straight to your inbox and join our exclusive Food Lovers Facebook Group!