How To Make Healthy Quinoa Porridge
PREP TIME: 5 MINS
COOK TIME: 20 MINS
The is a super healthy breakfast and a great alternative to oats. It’s gluten free, dairy free and infused with warming spices and honey. It’s one of our favourite ways to start a winters day. Summer in your neck of the woods? Then make it into a Quinoa Bircher. Yum!
Did you catch Guy’s cook-off with fellow YouTube chef Byron Talbot? He made a version of this recipe in a timed breakfast challenge. You watch the video here.
SHARE THIS RECIPE!
- 2 cups water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1-star anise
- 2 cloves
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons almond meal
Poached Pears to serve
- Place water, cinnamon, vanilla, star anise and cloves in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer to infuse.
- Add quinoa. Simmer for 12-15 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Add coconut milk. Cook stirring, until almost all absorbed.
- Add honey and almond meal. Stir through.
- Serve with Poached Pears.
Bondi Harvest recipes use a conventional fan oven, measuring at Degrees Celsius °C.
Bondi Harvest recipe measurements use the Metric system.
Hey Food Lover!
Gain access to our new weekly recipes straight to your inbox and join our exclusive Food Lovers Facebook Group!