Beetroot & Lentil Burger with Grilled Pineapple
Im here to prove to you that you don’t need meat to make a flavor-packed world-class burger!
PREP TIME: 20 MINS
COOK TIME: 15 MINS
COURSE: MAIN COURSE
I’m here to prove to you that you don’t need meat to make a flavor-packed world-class burger. Once you’ve tried my Beetroot and Lentil Burger you’ll never turn your nose up at a Vegetarian burger ever again. I’ll go so far as to say they’ll be the pick of the bunch and the highlight of your next BBQ.
This Beetroot and Lentil Burger is packed with flavor and nutrient from grated beetroot, spices, and lentil in my lentil and beetroot patty, I’ve then elevated this feast with caramelized pineapple, summer tomatoes, and a zingy yogurt sauce.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic minced
1 red chili minced
- 250g brown lentils cooked
- 1 cup beetroot grated
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp grama masala
- 1 tsp grated ginger (optional)
- 6 slices fresh pineapple peeled
2 tomatoes sliced
160g cabbage shredded
260-gram greek yogurt
6 brioche or sourdough buns
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the onion, garlic, and chili until soft. Transfer to a plate and place into the fridge to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the lentils, cooled onion mixture, beetroot, egg, turmeric, garam masala, paprika, and ginger until combined. Season with salt and pepper, then sprinkle in the flour (or cornmeal or almond meal) one tbsp at a time, until the mixture is dry and firm enough to hold together. Shape mixture into 6 individual patties.
Place onto a tray and chill in the fridge for 10 minutes to firm up. Heat the extra olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the lentil patties and cook for 5–6 minutes each side, until caramelized and heated through.
- Lay out all the remaining ingredients on a large chopping board with the warm patties and let people construct their own burgers. Season with salt and pepper.
LOOKING FOR SOME MORE DINNER INSPIRATION? LOOK NO FURTHER – HERE
Bondi Harvest recipes use a conventional fan oven, measuring at Degrees Celsius °C.
Bondi Harvest recipe measurements use the Metric system.
Hey Food Lover!
Gain access to our new weekly recipes straight to your inbox and join our exclusive Food Lovers Facebook Group!