The Best Chicken Sandwich Ever
READY FOR THE WORLDS BEST SANDWICH!
COOK TIME: 1 HR
- COURSE: LUNCH
How to make the Best Chicken Sandwich EVER Bondi Harvest
Ok, I know that “The Best Chicken Sandwich EVER” is a massive call but trust me on this one the flavors will blow your mind and take your sandwich game to the next level.
The flatbread is a hybrid naan, flatbread with acidulated yogurt, yeast, garlic and flour. It’s spongy, warm and crusty on the outside and is perfect for holding your favorite fillings.
- 1 cup water Warm
- 2 teaspoon yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar white
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 lemon rind & juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- pinch salt
- 3 cups bakers flour
- 3 chicken fillets boned
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Lemon rind & juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 2 cups roquette
- Mix warm water, yeast, sugar into a bowl and let sit for 30 minutes until bubbling.
- In another bowl mix yogurt, garlic, lemon juice and salt and let sit for 5 minutes to mature.
- In a cake mixer with the bread attachment attached; Mix flour, yeast mix, and yogurt mix work for 8 minutes until combined, smooth and springy.
Once ready remove from mixer, wrap and place in a warm spot for 4 hours until doubled in size.
In a bowl mix chicken with vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil and let sit for 5 hours in the fridge.
Cut your bread dough into tennis ball sized chunks, then using a rolling pin roll out into oval shape, 1/2 cm thick. on a skillet or hot bbq cook your flatbread for 5 minutes each side until crunchy and golden.
- Pan fry your chicken until cooked through 8 minutes on each side.
- Place your sandwich on hot flatbread with romesco sauce, roquette, and some fresh yogurt.
- 360 g/12oz Roast capsicum
- 4 roast tomato
- 180 g/6oz blanched toasted almonds
8 dried red thia chili
- 120 ml/ 4 oz white wine vinegar
- 500 ml/ 17oz olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Chop all ingredients coarsely.
Add capsicum and almonds to robo blend until almonds are small enough
Bondi Harvest recipes use a conventional fan oven, measuring at Degrees Celsius °C.
Bondi Harvest recipe measurements use the Metric system.
Hey Food Lover!
Gain access to our new weekly recipes straight to your inbox and join our exclusive Food Lovers Facebook Group!