Slow Cooked Salmon + Hemp Seed Aioli | Gut Health With Liv Kaplan
RICH, BUTTERY SALMON
This epic gut-friendly recipe is sure to impress anyone you make it for. It’s packed with rich buttery flavour from the salmon, the creamy hemp seeds and delicious fresh thyme. Here we’ve paired it with a fresh salad made from raw fennel and radicchio. These naturally bitter veggies are the perfect accompaniment to cut through the richness of the other elements in this recipe.
In current eating trends, bitter veggies are becoming less and less prominent. People are becoming accustomed to the mild and sweet taste of highly cultivated common supermarket produce, but these bitter veggies are amazing for your health! The liver loves them and they are packed with a variety of vitamins and minerals that may not be in many conventional fruits and vegetables.
Gut Health with Nutritionist Liv Kaplan
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
COOK TIME: 30 MINS
Slow Cooked Salmon
- 2 fillets salmon
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 10 springs thyme fresh
- Sea salt and black pepper
Hemp Seed Aiol
- 3/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup hemp seed oil
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1 tspn dijon mustard
- Sea salt
Fennel + Radicchio Salad
- 1 small head red radicchio roughly torn
- 1/2 head fennel thinly sliced
- 1 tbspn capers
- 1 lemon juiced
- Preheat the oven to 120℃. Coat the salmon lightly with olive oil and salt, and place it skin side down in a tray. Nestle half the thyme sprigs under the skin and places the rest on top, rubbing the thyme slightly into the salmon. Place the tray in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Hemp Seed Aioli by placing all ingredients in a high powered blender or food processor. Blend until combined, adding more hemp seed oil as needed.
- To prepare the salad, place all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss to coat.
- 25cm pan with lid
- Chopping board
- Camp suitcase stove
*We were not paid to feature Infiniti in this video. We were invited to a 4×4 driving day to test drive the vehicle. The inclusion into this video was our choice.
Bondi Harvest recipes use a conventional fan oven, measuring at Degrees Celsius °C.
Bondi Harvest recipe measurements use the Metric system.
Hey Food Lover!
Gain access to our new weekly recipes straight to your inbox and join our exclusive Food Lovers Facebook Group!