Savour the flavor & watch the delicious lamb fall off the bone!
COOK TIME: 2 HRS 30 MINS
Our Slow Roasted Lamb recipe is perfect for winter. We recommend cooking a large leg of Lamb so there is plenty of meat to use over several meals – like salads, stews, pasta, sandwiches. Yum! It’s also cheaper and easier to cook a larger cut, and better for the farmer and the environment.
We add chicken stock to this dish to help the meat stay juicy and tender.
The Harissa Rub is a mix of spices which creates a crusty skin when cooked.
- 2.5 kg lamb shoulder, bone in
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 2 tbs salt
- 1 tbs cumin ground
- 1 tbs paprika
- 1 tbs caraway seed
- ½ tbs dried chili
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper corn
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1-liter chicken stock
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 stick rosemary
- 1 lemon
- Pre-heat oven to 160-170°C
- In a bowl, mix spices and olive oil to create a thick paste, rub the paste all over your lamb and let marinate overnight.
- Remove your lamb from the fridge at least 10 minutes before cooking to let it come to room temperature.
In a tray, place onion, carrot, celery, rosemary, lemon rind and wedges, then cover with your marinated lamb and whole tomatoes. Pour in the chicken stock until it covers half the lamb.
- Place the tray in the oven and cook for 30 minutes until golden brown. Then wrap the tray in foil and place in the oven for 2 hours until tender and falling off the bone.
Bondi Harvest recipes use a conventional fan oven, measuring at Degrees Celsius °C.
Bondi Harvest recipe measurements use the Metric system.
Hey Food Lover!
Gain access to our new weekly recipes straight to your inbox and join our exclusive Food Lovers Facebook Group!