- 500 g Ox-tail chopped into 5cm chunks (bone in)
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 10 L water
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 2 carrots chopped rough
- 1 medium brown onion quartered
- 1 stick celery chopped rough
- 2 star anise
- 1 cinnamon
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 chilli chopped rough
- 1 cm ginger peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves whole
- 1 thyme bunch
- 1 bunch coriander roots about 5 roots
- Pre heat oven to 200 Degrees
- In a pan on medium heat add and toast star anise, cinnamon and coriander need till fragrant (5minutes)
- Place all remaining ingredients, spices, and part roasted ox tail (with veg) into a large stockpot on a medium heat. Pour in enough water to fill 10 litre pot. With the lid on bring to the boil.
- Turn heat down and cook for 5-6 hours until oxtails falling off the bone, skimming fat of the top every 40 minutes.
- Gently remove ox-tail, then strain broth. Store in containers in the fridge for one weeks or freezer for 3 months .
Note: Use the Ox tail meat in a Pho using bone broth as the soup.
Bondi Harvest recipes use a conventional fan oven, measuring at Degrees Celsius °C.
Bondi Harvest recipe measurements use the Metric system.
Hey Food Lover!
Gain access to our new weekly recipes straight to your inbox and join our exclusive Food Lovers Facebook Group!