Shakshuka is the ultimate no-fuss sharing breakfast!
TIME: 30 mins
Guy’s Shakshuka recipe is featured in episode four of the Bondi Harvest TV series, Summer Cooking. Guy cooks up a breakfast feast for the Bondi Lifeguards and in return they put guy through his paces on a lifeguard training session.
Shakshuka is a dish of eggs poached in a delicious flavour-packed tomato sauce. Spiced with chilli peppers, and onions, often spiced with cumin it’s the ultimate no fuss one pan sharing breakfast. The origins of Shakshuka are hard to pin point – but the Middle East and North Africa both claim it as their own.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 red onion minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbs red chilli minced
- 1/2 red capsicum diced
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp smokey paprika
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 2 tins diced tomato tin
- 6 eggs
- 1 loaf sourdough
- 1/2 tbs brown sugar (optional)
- In a pan on a medium heat add olive oil then sweat onions, garlic, chili and red capsicums until tender.
- Add cumin, sweet paprika, smoked paprika, tomato paste and tinned tomatoes, Simmer sauce for 15-20 minutes until
- Crack eggs into tomato sauce one at a time and simmer for 5-10 minutes until eggs are cooked but still runny.
- Garnish with some chopped kale or herbs and serve with sourdough
Love this Shakshuka recipe? Then you’ll also love this variation of our seasonal green shakshuka recipe!
Bondi Harvest recipes use a conventional fan oven, measuring at Degrees Celsius °C.
Bondi Harvest recipe measurements use the Metric system.
Hey Food Lover!
Gain access to our new weekly recipes straight to your inbox and join our exclusive Food Lovers Facebook Group!