Raw Chocolate Hemp Brownie with Lavendar
Hemp seeds are the new super food and what better way to use there creamy, nutty flavour then to mix it through chocolate brownies!
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
CUISINE: HEALTHY SNACKS
Hemp is one of my new favorite ingredients. It’s packed with omega threes, protein and fiber plus its great for the environment and it tastes amazing.
No, this Raw Hemp Protein Brownie will not get you high, its got all the other good stuff in it like omega 3, fiber, vitamins and plant-based proteins.
SHARE THIS RECIPE!
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup hemp protein powder Hemple
- 1 ½ cups dates pitted
- ½ cup 100% cocoa
1 Lemon rind only
- 3 tbs spiced rum Bundegerg Small Batch
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 tablespoons mixed nuts and goji berries
- 2 tablespoons cocoa nibs
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup 100% cocoa
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp lavender leaves (optional) chopped
- Line a 20 cm (8 inches) square cake tin with baking paper. Soak the dates in the Bundaberg Small Batch for at least 10 minutes, then place into a food processor with the hemp seeds and process until puréed and combined.
- Add the almond meal, cacao, vanilla seeds and lemon zest. Process until combined and sticky. Transfer to a bowl and fold through the macadamias and cocoa nibs. Spoon into the prepared tin and smooth the surface. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, until firm, or place into the freezer for 15 minutes if you’re short on time.
- To make the topping, gently heat the coconut oil with the lavender in a saucepan, then remove from the heat and set aside for 5 minutes to infuse. Sift in cacao powder then add the maple syrup and mix until combined and smooth.
- Pour the topping onto the brownie slab and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Cut into squares to serve. Garnish with a sprinkle of bee pollen and some fresh lavender flowers or rose petals, if using.
After hanging out with Tim from Take Three For The Sea and talking about sustainability and our love for the ocean it was time to cook with one of the most sustainable ingredients I know of HEMP.
Prepare an 8-inch square baking tin by lining it with baking paper
Soak your dates and spiced rum together for at least 10 minutes, then place in a food processor with hemp seeds and process until combined about 5 minutes.
Add almond meal, cocoa, vanilla bean, lemon rind and continue to process until combined and sticky, fold through macadamia nuts and cocoa nibs then transfer into a prepared tin and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or place it in the freezer for 15 minutes if you’re impatient.
To make lavender chocolate topping melt coconut oil and lavender in a pot then set aside for 5 minutes to infuse. Sift in cocoa powder then add maple syrup and mix until combined and smooth.
Pour topping on top of our brownie mix and refrigerate for 10 minutes, then garnish with a sprinkle of bee pollen and some fresh lavender flowers.
The secret to my raw chocolate hemp brownie is mixing through Aussie Hemp seeds and soaking dates in good quality rum (Reserved small Batch Bundaberg) for next level flavor. This recipe is so simple to make – no baking, no mess – just nutrient-rich ingredients mixed together, set in the fridge and topped with a raw chocolate drizzle – YUM !!!
If you want to learn More about hemp checkout our Hemp Blog or Hemple
Bondi Harvest recipes use a conventional fan oven, measuring at Degrees Celsius °C.
Bondi Harvest recipe measurements use the Metric system.
Hey Food Lover!
Gain access to our new weekly recipes straight to your inbox and join our exclusive Food Lovers Facebook Group!