Quinoa and blackberry porridge
SHARE THIS RECIPE!
- 100 g(½ cup) white quinoa
- 250 ml(1 cup) almond milk
- ½vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped (see Note)
- 130 g(1 cup) blackberries
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- chia seeds, to serve
Rinse the quinoa in a fine-mesh sieve and transfer to a small saucepan with 1 cup of water. Bring to the boil, then cover, reduce heat and cook for 5–10 minutes, until the water is absorbed and the quinoa has softened and doubled in size. Add the almond milk, vanilla seeds and half the berries. Cook for another 5 minutes, or until nice and creamy.
Spoon the quinoa into two serving bowls and top each with half the remaining berries, maple syrup and a sprinkle of chia seeds. Yum!
• You can substitute ¼ teaspoon of pure vanilla powder if you don’t have a vanilla pod.
Hey Food Lover!
Gain access to our new weekly recipes straight to your inbox and join our exclusive Food Lovers Facebook Group!