Potato Rosti Recipe
Like An Oversized Crispy Potato Rosti Topped With The Perfect Soft Fried Eggs?
PREP TIME: 30 MINS
Your going to love my Potato Rosti Recipe from the bondi harvest TV show Summer Cooking.
I came up with my Potato Rosti Recipe when recipe testing for our cafe in LA (Bondi Harvest Santa Monica). It really is a celebration of the simplest ingredient; the humble potato treat them with some love and good technique to create something special that will feed the whole family.
This potato rosti recipes is Crunchy and golden on the outside yet light and tender through the middle, all topped off with the perfect fried egg!
- 500 gram potato, grated or spiralled
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 lemon, zest
- 1 small chilli, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbs parsley leaves
- 2 tsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 60 ml olive oil cobram estate
- 5 tbs greek yogurt
- 5 eggs fried
- 1/2 cup pistachio dukkah
- 2 cups shelled pistachios
- 1 1/2 cups sesame seeds
- 2 tbs toasted coriander seeds
- 2 tbs toasted cumin grounds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut flakes
- 2 lemon, zest
- 4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp sea salt
- To make DUKKAH – Preheat oven to 200°c / 400°F
- Prepare a baking tray by lining it with baking paper, then in a mixing bowl mix all ingredients together. Spread dukkah mix onto your prepared baking tray evenly to create one layer, bake for 15 minutes, then let cool. Store in an airtight container with a lid for
- To make ROSTI – Mix the potato and sea salt in a large bowl and let sit for at least 1 hour to draw out the excess moisture. Preheat oven to 180C (350F)
- Place the potato into a strainer and squeeze to remove liquid. Transfer to a clean bowl and add pepper, fennel seeds, lemon zest, chilli, garlic, turmeric, parsley and parmesan. Mix well.
- Heat a 20 cm (8 inch) heavy-based ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, then add the potato mixture one handful at a time, stirring to evaporate any excess liquid between each addition.
- When all the potato has been added, pat into a flat rosti shape. Place in the oven for 15 minutes until the base is coloured, then carefully flip and bake for another 5–10 minutes. Turn out onto a chopping board. Cut into wedges and top with yoghurt, fried eggs and dukkah.
Bondi Harvest recipes use a conventional fan oven, measuring at Degrees Celsius °C.
Bondi Harvest recipe measurements use the Metric system.
Hey Food Lover!
Gain access to our new weekly recipes straight to your inbox and join our exclusive Food Lovers Facebook Group!