This recipes a Japanese mosh pit of Soft, Sweet, Sticky, Umami goodness. Miso Glazed Eggplant will rock your world and once you’ve made it at home your life will never be the same again, SORRY IM NOT SORRY !
- 1 eggplant halved
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon saki
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 bunch shallots
- 1 orange segments
- 1 cup soba noodles cooked
- 1 bunch coriander leaf
- 1 bunch mint leaf
- 1 bunch radish sliced
1. Slice eggplant in half and using a knife, score the inside in small squares.
2. In a pan over high heat, add oil and put the eggplant skin facing down.
3. Cook for a few minutes until skin is brown. Turn the eggplant over and cover with a lid. Cook until eggplant is cooked through (about 3 to 4 minutes).
4. Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix miso, mirin, sugar and sake.
5. Cover a cooking tray with foil and place the eggplant on top. Brush miso dengaku mix on top of each eggplant until all the surface is coated.
6. Put in the oven and broil for 4 minutes. The miso mix should be bubbling when you take it out of the oven.