One Pan Chicken Recipe (Easy)
Nutritionist Liv Kaplin shows her nutrient-dense Crispy Broth Chicken + Broth Braised Chicory. One-pan cooking doesn’t get any easier and quicker than this. Loaded with vegetables crispy chicken and bone broth its also great for your gut health.
Chicory is one of those beautiful bitter greens that we don’t eat enough of! It’s wonderful for both your gut and your liver, and cooking it in this way really allows it to absorb the flavour of the broth. The key here is to get a really good quality broth, that way you get all the gut loving benefits of the gelatin and you get the flavour! This is a great one pan recipe that can go straight from the oven to the table… less washing up is always better!
Tip: Pat your chicken dry, and score a couple times with your knife before rubbing in the seasoning. This will allow it to crisp up. If you don’t have chicory, you can use almost any hardy green vegetable, think Tuscan kale, Chinese broccoli, broccolini, silverbeet, and even asparagus.
2 chicken marylands, bone-in, skin on
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon caraway seeds
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon sea salt and black pepper
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
10 sprigs tarragon, fresh
1 bunch Dutch carrots, scrubbed and tops removes
1 large bunch dandelion greens or chicory, chopped
250ml chicken bone broth
- Preheat the oven to 180℃.
- Rub the chicken in the cinnamon, caraway seeds, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Heat a large heavy-based ovenproof skillet over a high heat. Place the chicken pieces in, skin side down, and cook on each side for 6–8 minutes until nice and browned. Resist the urge to lift them up for the first few minutes, in order to get them nice and crispy, you can even press down with tongs occasionally. Lift up and cook on the other side for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and set aside. They won’t be fully cooked at this point but will finish cooking once in the oven
- Throw in the tarragon, carrots and greens and leave to brown and the pan for about 5 minutes, tossing to coat in the juices.
- Pour in the bone broth to deglaze the pan, let it bubble away for a couple of minutes. Then place the chicken back on top, skin facing up and place into the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Serve straight to the table!
- 25cm pan with lid
- Chopping board
- Camp suitcase stove
*We were not paid to feature Infiniti in this video. We were invited to a 4×4 driving day to test drive the vehicle. The inclusion into this video was our choice.
Bondi Harvest recipes use a conventional fan oven, measuring at Degrees Celsius °C.
Bondi Harvest recipe measurements use the Metric system.
Hey Food Lover!
Gain access to our new weekly recipes straight to your inbox and join our exclusive Food Lovers Facebook Group!