Mushroom Meatless Meatballs | Chia Co.
- Serves: 2
Our meatless mushroom meatballs are the ultimate midweek vegan treat!
We’ve teamed up with our friends at The Chia Co to create the best meatless mushroom meatballs IN THE WORLD …. They’re the ultimate midweek vegan treat! They’re loaded with plant-based goodness and bursting with flavour. To make this recipe vegan and to bind all the ingredients together we’ve swapped the old chicken egg for a Chia co/chia egg.
If you’ve never heard of a chia egg before its basically a water-based chia pudding that’s used as an egg replacement in recipes and it works a treat. The meatless meatball base is made up of mushrooms, nuts, garlic and the ever versatile and nutrition dense chia egg.
SHARE THIS RECIPE!
- 1 tbsp ground chia seeds + 3 tbsp water
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 250 g 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 3 large cloves garlic
- ½ medium onion sliced
- 450 g 15 oz can kidney beans (any bean will work)
- 1 tsp thyme leaves minced
- 2 tsp oregano chopped
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¾ tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¾ cup Italian-style panko bread crumbs or almond meal for GF
- 1 cup tomato pasata tomato sugo
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti or zucchini noodles
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350F)
- Place walnuts and mushrooms on lined/sprayed baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Once done, remove from oven and leave oven on.
- Combine Chia seeds and water in a small bowl, stir, and set aside.
- Place garlic and onion in food processor and pulse a few times until chopped. Add beans, Thyme, Oregano, chia seeds nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, and cooked mushrooms and walnuts (they will be hot, that’s okay) and pulse until everything is chopped and mixture will hold together. There should be some texture– it shouldn’t look pureed.
- Dump mixture into a bowl and stir in chia egg mixture and bread crumbs.
- Roll mixture into 20 balls (a bit larger than a golf ball). Place on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Flip and bake for another 20 minutes
Bondi Harvest recipes use a conventional fan oven, measuring at Degrees Celsius °C.
Bondi Harvest recipe measurements use the Metric system.
Hey Food Lover!
Gain access to our new weekly recipes straight to your inbox and join our exclusive Food Lovers Facebook Group!