Kimchi Korean fermented vegetables packed with spices and flavour !
How To Make The Bondi Harvest Kimchi Recipe!
There are hundreds of different varieties of kimchi but simply put Kimchi is Korean fermented vegetables. Most commonly napa cabbage and radish flavored with spices such as chili, ginger, garlic and salted seafood.
Kimchi not only tastes amassing but because it’s fermented it’s also full of good bacteria that are great for your gut health!
- 1 kg Chinese cabbage (Napa)
- 30-gram sea salt
- 6 cups distilled water
- 8 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp Korean salted shrimp Optional
- 1/2 nori sheets
- 2 daikon trimmed and cut
1 bunch spring onion chopped
- Cut the cabbage in half lengthways, remove the core then shred crossways. Place into a large mixing bowl. Add ¼ cup salt and massage into cabbage, then add enough distilled water to cover. Place a plate and weight on top of the cabbage and let sit in a dark, dry place for 4 hours. Strain and rinse the cabbage, and clean the mixing bowl for reuse.
- Combine the garlic, ginger, chili flakes, sugar, shrimp (if using) and nori in the mixing bowl with 2 tablespoons of distilled water. Mix until thick paste forms and the sugar dissolves. Add 1 tablespoon of salt. Add the daikon, spring onions and cabbage. Mix with the spice paste and massage for about 5 minutes or until all vegetables are coated in paste.
- Pack into a clean 2-liter (2-quart) capacity jar. Use your hands or a kitchen tool to press the mixture down to the bottom of the vessel so that the juices rise to cover the solid parts. If there aren’t enough juices to cover, just top it up with water. Seal tightly and leave to ferment out of direct light for 3–6 days, then refrigerate.
Bondi Harvest recipes use a conventional fan oven, measuring at Degrees Celsius °C.
Bondi Harvest recipe measurements use the Metric system.
Hey Food Lover!
Gain access to our new weekly recipes straight to your inbox and join our exclusive Food Lovers Facebook Group!