- 1 butternut pumpkin
- 2 cups kale blanched & chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1 cup butternut pumpkin flesh
- 3 cloves garlic sliced fine
- 1 brown onion diced
- 2 sticks thyme
- 1 cup quinoa cooked
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 150 ml spiced rum
- 1 quill cinnamon
- 1 pod clove
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1/4 cup dates
- 1/4 cup apricots
- 1/4 cup cherries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180D° / 356F°
- In a bowl mix spiced rum, spices and dried fruit, let soak overnight, the strain. In a large pan or pot over medium heat add olive oil, onions, garlic, chilli and cook till tender, add mushrooms and thyme cook till soft.
- finish stuffing mix by folding in quinoa, dried fruit and nuts to your onion mix, then place on a tray and in the fridge to cool.
- Using a sturdy metal spoon, scrape out and discard seeds. Continue scraping flesh to hollow out the centre and neck until they’re about 1/2” thick, to make room for stuffing. Use a knife to score the inside of the squash in a crosshatch pattern to help it cook more evenly.
- Line the inside of each scraped pumpkin with cooked kale, Then fill with stuffing, place back together and truss.
- Place pumpkin in the oven and bake uncovered for 30 minutes then covered for a further 30 minutes.
Bondi Harvest recipes use a conventional fan oven, measuring at Degrees Celsius °C.
Bondi Harvest recipe measurements use the Metric system.
Hey Food Lover!
Gain access to our new weekly recipes straight to your inbox and join our exclusive Food Lovers Facebook Group!