How To Make Pork And Beef Meatballs
This recipe is from Episode 4 of our Bells to Bondi road trip. You can catch the full episode here.
Episode 4 saw us visit ABC Cheese Factory in Tilba Tilba and Redleaf piggery. Inspired by our visits we whipped up these delicious Pork and Beef Meatballs, which are made extra special by the wedge of triple cream jersey milk brie we popped in the centre. Talk about cheesy oozy goodness.
We served them with fresh bread and extra coriander, but they’d taste great served over pasta, with steamed veggies or in a toasted meatball sub! Yew!
- 250g pork mince
- 1/2 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch coriander, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- zest of 1 lemon
- small wheel of triple cream brie, cut into slices
- 2 cups of tomato passata
- olive oil, for frying
- Fresh loaf of bread, to serve
- To make pork and beef meatballs, combine minces, onion, chilli, coriander, garlic, oregano and lemon. Use your hand to mould into flat rounds.
- Break of pieces of brie, place in the centre and form mince into a ball.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, add meatballs and cook turning until browned. Add pasta and cook for a further 10 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve with fresh bread for dunking.
Bondi Harvest recipes use a conventional fan oven, measuring at Degrees Celsius °C.
Bondi Harvest recipe measurements use the Metric system.
Hey Food Lover!
Gain access to our new weekly recipes straight to your inbox and join our exclusive Food Lovers Facebook Group!