How To Make Poached Eggs
Always wondered how to make the perfect poached egg? Well, this is the video that will show you how.
Before you start there are three rules that will get you well on the way to poached egg perfection.
- Fresh eggs always. The fresher the egg the firmer the white, and the more plump and perfect your final result.
- Simmering water. If you bring the temp of the water up to boiling it will break the egg apart so you want to keep in on a slow steady simmer.
- Vinegar. It’s not mandatory but it helps the egg set and if you’re new to poaching it will be your saving grace. We used apple cider vinegar but you can use white vinegar or white wine vinegar if you like.
- 2 free range organic eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
- Bring a pot of water to the boil. Reduce temperature so that water sits at a gentle simmer. Using a fork or spoon gently swirl water so that it creates a whirlpool effect.
- Crack eggs one at a time into a centre of the whirlpool, allowing a few seconds in between each egg so that it has time to form a little parcel.
- Cook for about 2 minutes. For a nice runny yolk, gently press with your fingertip. It should feel soft with a little resistance.
Bondi Harvest recipes use a conventional fan oven, measuring at Degrees Celsius °C.
Bondi Harvest recipe measurements use the Metric system.
Hey Food Lover!
Gain access to our new weekly recipes straight to your inbox and join our exclusive Food Lovers Facebook Group!