How To Make Lemon And Mint Kale Salad
This recipe has built itself a bit of a reputation after we served it as a side at our Bondi Harvest pop-up nights. We promised a few of you we’d share the recipe, so here it is!
It tastes great with most things but it’s particualrly epic when served with a fresh piece of fish. Yeew!
- 50g butter
- 1 leek, halved, washed, finely sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 1 bunch of kale, halved
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 bunch of mint
- salt and pepper, to taste
- First, make your herb butter. With butter at room temp combine with chopped fennel, rosemary, parsley and chives then set aside
- Next make your stock. Shell and clean the prawns making short to reserve the shells
- Next lightly toast the shells with parsley and rosemary
- In a pot with olive oil, fry off the prawn shells and herbs. Next add water and bring to a rolling simmer. Reduce for 20mins then strain. Now it’s ready to use as stock
- Now to cook the rice. Lightly toast your rice in a hot pan. Next ladle the stock over the rices slowly. Make sure you keep moving the rice. Be careful to wait until the rice absorbs the stock before adding the next ladle
- As rice gets close to being cooked, stir through the herb butter
- Now you’re ready to plate
- 25cm pan with lid
- Chopping board
- Camp suitcase stove
*We were not paid to feature Infiniti in this video. We were invited to a 4×4 driving day to test drive the vehicle. The inclusion into this video was our choice.
Bondi Harvest recipes use a conventional fan oven, measuring at Degrees Celsius °C.
Bondi Harvest recipe measurements use the Metric system.
Hey Food Lover!
Gain access to our new weekly recipes straight to your inbox and join our exclusive Food Lovers Facebook Group!