How To Make French Toast
PREP TIME: 20 MINS
WARNING: This French Toast is wickedly indulgent. Enjoy it for breakfast on special occasions, although it’s probably better suited to a decadent dessert. Either way it’s freaking tasty!
Feel free to play with variations too.
You could try replacing blueberries with raspberries, strawberries or banana.
You could try replacing hazelnut spread with any nut butter, cream cheese or jam.
- 500 ml milk
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 vanilla bean seeds scraped
- 3 eggs
- 150 g sugar
- 1 brioche loaf
- choc-hazelnut spread
- 1 punnet of blueberries
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or butter
- mint leaves to serve
- 1 punnet blueberries
- juice of 1 orange
- Place milk zest and vanilla bean in a small saucepan over low-medium heat. Do not bring to the boil. You just want to warm it slightly to about 60°C.
- Whisk eggs and sugar together in a bowl. Slowly whisk milk into egg mixture.
- Slice brioche loaf as desired. Roll out each slice flat and even. Spread with choc-hazelnut spread and sprinkle blueberries along one short edge. Roll slice up encasing filling.
- Carefully dip roll into warm egg mixture
- Melt coconut oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add french toast roll to a hot pan. Turn roll to ensure even cooking.
- Meanwhile to make blueberry coulis, heat blueberries and juice in a pan until a jammy-like consistency.
- Cut french toast roll into 3-4 scrolls. Serve with blueberry coulis and mint leaves.
- 25cm pan with lid
- Chopping board
- Camp suitcase stove
*We were not paid to feature Infiniti in this video. We were invited to a 4×4 driving day to test drive the vehicle. The inclusion into this video was our choice.
Bondi Harvest recipes use a conventional fan oven, measuring at Degrees Celsius °C.
Bondi Harvest recipe measurements use the Metric system.
Hey Food Lover!
Gain access to our new weekly recipes straight to your inbox and join our exclusive Food Lovers Facebook Group!