How To Make Chicken Roulade With Quinoa Salad
This recipe is great for two things: cooking super succulent chicken, and impressing friends with your new french cooking skills!
Just remember the key to the perfect poached chicken is to put your chicken into cold water. Then bring it to a simmer SLOWLY! We took 25-30minutes to get to a simmer in this video.
As soon as the water is simmering take your chicken out and let it rest (still inside its wrapping). Yeew! Your going to love this one!
Give it a go and let us know how you go.
- 1 organic chicken breast
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, finely chopped
- 2 long chillis, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 5 button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 200g quinoa
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 chillis
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- To make quinoa salad, bring quinoa, chicken stock, chilli, garlic and bay leaves to a boil. Simmer for 12-15 minutes, until quinoa is tender.
- Meanwhile, to make chicken roulade butterfly chicken breast by cutting it horizontally, but not all the way through. Lay it on a few layers of plastic wrap on a flat surface. Fold glad wrap over chicken breast and flatten with a rolling pin until just under 1cm thick.
- Combine herbs, chilli and garlic. Spread out over a flat surface. Sprinkle with sea salt. Lay flattened chicken breast over herbs. Press into herbs to coat chicken well.
- Place chicken and herbs back onto plastic wrap. Place mushroom shown the centre. Roll chicken to encase filling (Watch video for full description). Twist ends of plastic wrap to secure. Wrap it in foil.
- Place foil wrapped roulade in a saucepan with cold water. Place over a low-medium heat and bring to a very gentle simmer. Turn heat off. Remove roulade and rest inside it’s wrapping for about 15 minutes.
- Unwrap foil, slice of one end of plastic wrap and squeeze chicken out. Slice into 2-3cm thick slices.
- Serve over cooked quinoa with tomato and avocado.
Bondi Harvest recipes use a conventional fan oven, measuring at Degrees Celsius °C.
Bondi Harvest recipe measurements use the Metric system.
Hey Food Lover!
Gain access to our new weekly recipes straight to your inbox and join our exclusive Food Lovers Facebook Group!