How To Make Chicken Noodle Soup
It’s not an old wives tale – chicken soup is actually the perfect remedy to boost your immunity and help stave off the dreaded winter cold and flu.
We’ve included coconut oil for it’s antibacterial and antimicrobial benefits, chilli for its antipathogen properties, garlic because it’s full of antioxidants and antibacterial agents and chicken drumsticks because of all the nutrients and zinc found in the bone marrow and flesh.
So if winter in Bondi (or whereever you are in the world) has left you a little under the weather, we promise this soup is the perfect remedy to boost your immunity and have you fighting fit in no time. Yeew!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
1/2 brown onion, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 litre water
- 1 serve of spaghetti, broken up into pieces
- mint leaves, to garnish
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chilli, garlic, onion and fennel seeds. Cook for about 3-5 minutes until onion is softened.
- Add chicken to pan. Cover with laid and cook for about 5 minutes until coloured on one side and slightly cooked on top. Add water. Cover with lid. Cook until chicken starts to follow off the bone. Remove chicken drumsticks from the broth and set aside.
Add spaghetti. Cook until tender.
- Flake meat from 2 drumsticks back into the broth. Reserve remaining drumsticks to make Honey & Vinegar Glazed Chicken Drumsticks.
- Garnish soup with mint leaves.
Bondi Harvest recipes use a conventional fan oven, measuring at Degrees Celsius °C.
Bondi Harvest recipe measurements use the Metric system.
Hey Food Lover!
Gain access to our new weekly recipes straight to your inbox and join our exclusive Food Lovers Facebook Group!