How To Make Beetroot Quinoa Risotto
Sick of stirring your risotto for half an hour while it cooks on the stove? This recipe takes no time at all and is a great way to use up extra cooked quinoa.
PS If you don’t have extra cooked quinoa in your fridge, you should! It’s such a handy thing to have ready to go. Throw it in salads, soups and stews. Make it in to porridge or bircher, or make this delicious Beetroot Quinoa Risotto.
- 1 beetroot roasted
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 chili minced
- 1 cup quinoa cooked
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 bayleaf
- 100 grams parmesan cheese grated
- 3 cubes goats cheese
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup almonds
- Finely dice onions, garlic and chilli. Place in a pot on a medium heat add coconut oil and herbs. Cook until tender, but not coloured.
- Peel your beetroots and place in a food processor. Process until smooth, add a little water if you need to get the puree moving.
- Once your veg is tender add your cooked quinoa, veg stock and beetroot puree and cook till liquids reduced by two thirds.
- Finish with Parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Serve quinoa risotto in a bowl with crumbled goats cheese and almonds.
Bondi Harvest recipes use a conventional fan oven, measuring at Degrees Celsius °C.
Bondi Harvest recipe measurements use the Metric system.
Hey Food Lover!
Gain access to our new weekly recipes straight to your inbox and join our exclusive Food Lovers Facebook Group!