How To Make Beetroot Quinoa Risotto
Sick of stirring your risotto for half an hour while it cooks on the stove? This recipe takes no time at all and is a great way to use up extra cooked quinoa.
PS If you don’t have extra cooked quinoa in your fridge, you should! It’s such a handy thing to have ready to go. Throw it in salads, soups and stews. Make it in to porridge or bircher, or make this delicious Beetroot Quinoa Risotto.
SHARE THIS RECIPE!
- 1 beetroot roasted
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 chili minced
- 1 cup quinoa cooked
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 bayleaf
- 100 grams parmesan cheese grated
- 3 cubes goats cheese
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup almonds
- Finely dice onions, garlic and chilli. Place in a pot on a medium heat add coconut oil and herbs. Cook until tender, but not coloured.
- Peel your beetroots and place in a food processor. Process until smooth, add a little water if you need to get the puree moving.
- Once your veg is tender add your cooked quinoa, veg stock and beetroot puree and cook till liquids reduced by two thirds.
- Finish with Parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Serve quinoa risotto in a bowl with crumbled goats cheese and almonds.
Bondi Harvest recipes use a conventional fan oven, measuring at Degrees Celsius °C.
Bondi Harvest recipe measurements use the Metric system.
Hey Food Lover!
Gain access to our new weekly recipes straight to your inbox and join our exclusive Food Lovers Facebook Group!