How To Make A Tri-grain Hipster Salad
Serves: 2 – 3
Oh yeah! This salad is about as hipster as they come, the only thing it’s missing is a well groomed beard and a pair of burgundy chinos.
Serve it with a piece of crispy skinned salmon for extra protein or turn it into a brekkie bowl by serving with some Poached Eggs.
This dish is so freaking tasty Guy’s put it on the menu at his North Bondi cafe Depot, so if you’re in the hood pop in and try before you buy (or make). Yeew!
- 1 cup cooked red rice
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cooked pearl barley
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 onion, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 cm piece ginger, finely sliced
- 3 kale leaves, sliced
- chia seeds and hummus, to garnish
- To make Hipster Salad, combine rice, quinoa and barley.
- Melt coconut oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger. Cook for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add grain mixture. Cook stirring until warmed through. Add kale and cook for 2 minute sir until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with a big dollop of hummus and a sprinkle of chia seeds.
Bondi Harvest recipes use a conventional fan oven, measuring at Degrees Celsius °C.
Bondi Harvest recipe measurements use the Metric system.
Hey Food Lover!
Gain access to our new weekly recipes straight to your inbox and join our exclusive Food Lovers Facebook Group!