How To Make A Raw Chocolate Avocado Slice
How often do you gear yourself up to make a delicious and impressive raw dessert for friends, only to find you need to an expensive piece of equipment like a vitamix or thermomix to achieve the right consistency?
This Raw Chocolate and Avocado Slice can not only be whipped up in a regular food processor, but it’s full of 100% healthy whole foods and good quality fats.
We used orange zest in this recipe to give it a classic jaffa flavour, but feel free to substitute the orange rind with peppermint essence for a choc-mint version, fresh or frozen raspberries for a choc-berry extravanganza or perhaps you’d like to stir through some cacao nibs for an epic choc-chip crunch. You’re welcome.
- 1 cup of medjool dates, seeds removed
- 7 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- 4 medium avocados
- zest of 1 orange
- 150g 100% raw cacao powder
4 tablespoon of honey
- Bee Pollen, to garnish
- Grease a fluted slice tin.
- Place dates and 2 tablespoons coconut oil in a food processor. Process until they form a paste. Add walnuts and process until combined.
- Transfer mixture to prepared tin and smooth out to form base of slice.
- Process avocado, zest, remaining coconut oil, cacao and honey until smooth and combined well.
- Transfer mixture to tin and spread over base.
- Sprinkle with bee pollen to garnish. Pop i tin the fridge for 2 hours to set.
- Slice to serve.
Bondi Harvest recipes use a conventional fan oven, measuring at Degrees Celsius °C.
Bondi Harvest recipe measurements use the Metric system.
Hey Food Lover!
Gain access to our new weekly recipes straight to your inbox and join our exclusive Food Lovers Facebook Group!