Homemade Lamb Dumplings with 2 minute Plum Sauce
SHARE THIS RECIPE!
- 1 cup plum flesh
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ginger
1 shallot, minced
- 1 chili, minced
1 cm lemongrass, chopped fine
- 500g lambs mince
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 2 lime, rind
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, sliced fine
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 packet dumping wrappers
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- To make the plum sauce in a pan on a medium heat add ginger, garlic, chili, and lemongrass with olive until and cook until tender. Add plum flesh and maple syrup and cook for 20 minutes until this and juicy.
- Transfer into a blender and blend until smooth then chill until ready to use.
- To make dumpling mix in a bowl add lamb mince, garlic, ginger, coriander, lime rind, kaffir lime and ketchup and mix well until combined then place in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
- To make your dumplings set up a small bowl of cold water with a pastry brush and then on a clean bench arranger one layer of your dumpling wrappers then.
- Add one tablespoon of dumpling mix in the middle of each wrapper then using the wet pastry brush dampen the edges of your wrappers.
- Lift the dumplings from the bench one by one and then fold it in half and press the top closed tightly
- Use your opposite thumbs to fold a tiny pleat on either side of the dumpling, then press firmly to seal the dumpling closed.
- Continue this process until all your lamb mince has been used up
- To cook dumplings add two tablespoons of sesame oil into a no-stick pan on a medium heat. Add enough dumplings to cover the base of the pan and gently cook until the base is colored (5-8 minutes) then flip and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Carefully take out of the pan and serve hot with plum sauce.
Bondi Harvest recipes use a conventional fan oven, measuring at Degrees Celsius °C.
Bondi Harvest recipe measurements use the Metric system.
Hey Food Lover!
Gain access to our new weekly recipes straight to your inbox and join our exclusive Food Lovers Facebook Group!