Sweet, caramelised and healthy !
PREP TIME: 5 MINS
COOK TIME: 20 MINS
COURSE: BREAKFAST, LUNCH
How To Make Healthy Sweet Potato Waffles Recipe – When a recipe tastes this good and is this simple to make, I promise you, breakfast with our Healthy Sweet Potato Waffles will make you a morning person every day!
You’ll want these for dinner, lunch, and a late-night snack too. Each waffle comes out crispy and sweet on the outside and tender in the middle. Layered with the perfect fried egg and smashed avocado.
Only one word can describe it….. PERFECT !
- 2 cups grated sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp protein powder optional
- 2 avocado
- 1 lemon
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat your waffle iron to a medium heat.
- In a mixing bowl mix sweet potato, 1 egg, chia seed, protein powder, salt, and pepper until combined well.
- Make a quick smashed avocado by mixing avocado and lemon together in a bowl
- Place two tablespoons of waffle mix into your waffle iron spread out and close the lid. Cook for 5 minutes until golden, then remove and continue the process until all your waffle mix has been used.
- In a non-stick add olive oil and place on a medium heat, gently crack an egg in the pan and cook for 5 minutes until the whites hard but yolks still soft.
Stack your sweet potato waffles with smashed avocado in the middle then top with your fried egg and enjoy.
Bondi Harvest recipes use a conventional fan oven, measuring at Degrees Celsius °C.
Bondi Harvest recipe measurements use the Metric system.
Hey Food Lover!
Gain access to our new weekly recipes straight to your inbox and join our exclusive Food Lovers Facebook Group!