Hasselback Summer Granola
Granola like you’ve never seen it before
PREP TIME: 30 MINS
TO MAKE OUR SUMMER GRANOLA RECIPE YOU NEED TO GET YOUR HASSELBACK ON! HASSELBACKING IS THE PROCESS OF FINELY FRUIT OR VEGETABLES SO WHEN THEY BAKE CRISPING UP THE EDGES WHILE KEEPING THE CENTRE TENDER AND DELICIOUS !
Our Summer granola recipe is our first recipe from the first episode of our very first Bondi Harvest TV show so its guaranteed to impress. It will take your breakfast to the next level, Finely sliced apple’s baked with oats, chai spiced fruits and nuts coated in maple syrup.
Make the granola ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in a dry place, it’ll last up to two weeks!
- 3 apples and pears
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cups granola
- 260 gram greek yogurt
- 2 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 145 gram fresh mixed berries
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 lemon, rind
- 1 bunch lemon thyme
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 4 tbs hemp seeds
- 1 tbs sunflower seeds
- 1 tbs pistachios
- 1 tbs pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbs cocoa nibs
- 1 tbs almonds
- 1 tbs coconut flakes
- 1/2 cups dried fruit
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 cup chai tea
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a rimmed baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the apples or pears cut side down on a chopping board. Cut slices 5 mm apart, but not all the way through. Stop just before you cut through the bottom to keep the slices connected.
- Place onto the baking tray flat side down. Brush with coconut oil then sprinkles with cinnamon. Bake for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Remove tray from the oven and sprinkle granola over and around the baked fruit. Bake for another 10 minutes to finish.
- Serve topped with dollops of yoghurt, a drizzle of honey and the berries (if using).
Maple Roasted Granola
- Preheat oven 150°c / 300°f
- Prepare a baking tray by lining it with baking paper
- In a bowl rehydrate fruit by mixing chai tea, hot water and dried fruit together in a bowl, let the fruit rehydrate for at least 1 hour before straining.
- To make granola place all remaining ingredients and rehydrated fruit into a large bowl and mix well.
- Spread granola mix onto a prepared baking tray and bake for 35 minutes, shaking and spooning granola mix every 6-10 minutes to make sure it cooks and colours evenly.
- Store in an airtight container in a dry place, it’ll last for at least 3 weeks.
- 25cm pan with lid
- Chopping board
- Camp suitcase stove
*We were not paid to feature Infiniti in this video. We were invited to a 4×4 driving day to test drive the vehicle. The inclusion into this video was our choice.
Bondi Harvest recipes use a conventional fan oven, measuring at Degrees Celsius °C.
Bondi Harvest recipe measurements use the Metric system.
Hey Food Lover!
Gain access to our new weekly recipes straight to your inbox and join our exclusive Food Lovers Facebook Group!