Sweet and Sour Pork Chops with garlic polenta – Yum!
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
COOK TIME: 20 MINS
After launching our new cookbook ‘Bondi Harvest Balance’ we thought it would be fun to share one of our very favourite recipes with you fro the book; ‘Grilled Pork Chops and Polenta’.
This dish is all about balancing out the fats, sugars and acids. I love the indulgence of a think cut pork chop, and in this recipe I cut through the natural fattiness of the pork with a simple apple sweet and sour pan source. This dish is the kind of meal that can fit a busy mid-week family or look sexy enough for that weekend dinner party.
Taking the simple Pork Chop to the next level; Tender, organic pork glazed and topped with sweet and sour caramelized apples on a bed of polenta. YUM. Word for word Guy will show you how simple it is to make a healthy, restaurant quality meal at home.
- 4 pork chops thick
- 4 apples cut into wedges
- 1 cinnamon
- 1 tbs brown sugar or honey
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 pomegranate
- 3 sticks thyme
- 80 g Butter
- 2 tbs olive oil
- ½ cup fine polenta
- 1½ cups veg stock
- 1 Thyme bunch
- 1 rosemary
- 1 wild herb
- 1 garlic clove
- 50 g Butter
- 50 g Parmesan
- Season pork with salt and pepper, then in a hot pan add olive oil and pork, cook for 4 minutes on each side until coloured and cooked through, Once cooked take the pork out of the pan and let it rest.
- In the same pan add apples, cinnamon, sugar (honey will work too) and butter and cook till coloured and soft, deglaze with apple cider vinegar then pour over top of pork chops.
- in a pot add veg stock, mixed herbs, flowers and garlic and bring to the simmer to infuse. Remove herbs and flowers then add polenta, mixing until thick 6 minutes.
- Finish with butter and parmesan and then season with salt and pepper.
- Serve on a plate topped with pork and drizzles with caramelised apples
Bondi Harvest recipes use a conventional fan oven, measuring at Degrees Celsius °C.
Bondi Harvest recipe measurements use the Metric system.
Hey Food Lover!
Gain access to our new weekly recipes straight to your inbox and join our exclusive Food Lovers Facebook Group!