Cauliflower Steak Recipe
It’s about getting creative with the humblest of ingredients to create something special
Episode #4 is all about recipe testing, its about getting creative with the humblest of ingredients to create something special. Guy gets into the cafe and creates a delicious Cauliflower steak, sitting on a bed of beetroot hummus that customers are sure to love.
- 1 cauliflower sliced into 2cm slices
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 lemon rind and juice
- 1 cup tahini
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas
- 1 cup olive oil red island
- 1 large beetroot, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs vinegar
- 5 litres water
- Pre-heat oven to 180°d
- Rub your cauliflower steaks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper then bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While your cauliflower steaks is baking its time to make my gorgeous beetroot hummus, in a blender add tahini, garlic, lemon, chickpeas, olive oil and beetroot and blend until smooth then season with salt and pepper.
- To make the salad mix tomato, cucumber and basil in a bowl then dress with olive oil and vinegar.
- Place a pot of water on the stove on a high heat and bring to the boil, then turn the stove down to a low to medium heat till waters come to a light simmer, then add vinegar to the water.
- Crack your fresh eggs into a coffee cup or ramekin then gently poor eggs into the water, let it cook for about 4-5 min, then gently remove with a slotted spoon.
- Plate your cauliflower steak on a bed of beetroot hummus then top with your fresh salad and a poached egg.
- 25cm pan with lid
- Chopping board
- Camp suitcase stove
*We were not paid to feature Infiniti in this video. We were invited to a 4×4 driving day to test drive the vehicle. The inclusion into this video was our choice.
Bondi Harvest recipes use a conventional fan oven, measuring at Degrees Celsius °C.
Bondi Harvest recipe measurements use the Metric system.
Hey Food Lover!
Gain access to our new weekly recipes straight to your inbox and join our exclusive Food Lovers Facebook Group!