Recipe Name: Miso Braised Beef
1kg oyster blade
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Thai chili, minced
5 Shiitake mushrooms
3 dried pine or porcini mushrooms
1 tbsp sweet miso paste
2 lt beef stock
½ cup soy sauce
1 cm ginger, cleaned and sliced
4 Coriander roots
1 tbsp dried or fresh wakame
Salt & Pepper
Preheat oven 180 degrees
- Season your oyster blade with salt and pepper.
- In a heavy-based pot on high heat add olive oil then sear your oyster blade until golden on all sides (5 minutes). Once golden, remove it from the pot.
- In the same pot add onion, garlic, chili, shiitake, and pine mushrooms and cook until tender (2 minutes).
- Add a tablespoon of miso paste then stock, soy, ginger, coriander root, and wakame, and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling adds your seared oyster blade back into the pot with the broth and turns down to a low heat then cook for 4 hours until tender and falling apart.
- Serve your oyster blade with fresh vegetables and steamed rice