Bondi Brunch Bowl + Coconut Tartare With Liv Kaplan | Gut Health Series
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
COOK TIME: 15 MINS
Can’t Go Wrong Garlicky Greens, Eggs, Avo!
According to nutritionist Liv Kaplan, “this is my ultimate meal, and I personally have some form of this meal every single day… a heap of greens, poached eggs, avocado and a garlicky dressing, you can’t go wrong!”
Raw garlic is one of those fabulous ingredients, not only is it fantastic for your immunity but it’s prebiotic, meaning it feeds the gut bacteria and allows them to thrive.
While many people eat cooked garlic on a regular basis, it’s also great to incorporate it raw when you can, and this coconut tartare is a tasty way to do so.
Tip: This recipe can be made with any greens, whatever you’ve got lying around – broccoli, kale, silverbeet, broccolini, zucchini, anything!
SHARE THIS RECIPE!
- 1 tsp turmeric ground
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups kale leaves removed and roughly torn
- 1 bunch asparagus chopped
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup sauerkraut of choice
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- sea salt + black pepper
- 1/4 cup coconut yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tbs capers finely chopped
- To prepare the Coconut Tartare, combine all ingredients in small bowl and set aside.
- To prepare the eggs, bring a small pot of water to the bowl and add in a splash of apple cider vinegar and turmeric. Stir to create a whirlpool and crack in the two eggs. Leave eggs to poach for approximately 5 minutes.
Heat a large pan over a medium heat, add a splash of olive oil then throw in the kale and asparagus to saute. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To assemble the bowl, place greens at the base, top with eggs, avocado, sauerkraut, sesame seeds and coconut tartare. To serve drizzle with a little extra olive oil, salt and pepper.
Bondi Harvest recipes use a conventional fan oven, measuring at Degrees Celsius °C.
Bondi Harvest recipe measurements use the Metric system.
Hey Food Lover!
Gain access to our new weekly recipes straight to your inbox and join our exclusive Food Lovers Facebook Group!