Beetroot Tarte Tatin
RICH, SWEET BEETROOT WITH CREME FRAICHE
TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES
Our Beetroot Tarte Tatin packs a deliciously rich and sweet pastry as a special side dish to your Christmas lunch. Add a dollop of creme fraiche mix infused with lemon myrtle and black pepper for a well-balanced starter.
- 2 Golden shallots cleansed and cut in half
- 4 Heirloom beetroots mixed colors
- 3 sprigs Thyme
- 500 ml Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Black Pepper Corn
- 1 tbsn Honey
- Puffed pastry
- 3/4 cup Creme fraiche chilled
- 3 cups Whipping cream chilled
- 1/4 tspn Lemon myrtle powder
- 1/4 tspn Cracked black pepper
- In a bowl with some olive oil toss shallots, beetroots and 1 sprig of thyme, season with salt and pepper and roast for 25 minutes at 180°c until tender (but still holding their shape).
- In a heavy-based saucepan add balsamic, honey and remaining thyme and cook for about 5-6 minutes until balsamic vinegar becomes caramel. While the caramels still hot, pour into a butter mould.
- For whipped creme fraiche, simply whip all ingredients together until thick peaks form, store in the fridge until needed.
- Arrange slices of beetroot and onion evenly (cut side facing down) then place puff pastry over the top tucking the edges down the side, bake for 15 minutes or until pastry has risen and is golden. Remove tart from the oven and let cool slightly (1 minute) before turning it out.
- Dollop creme fresh to the side of the tart and serve.
Bondi Harvest recipes use a conventional fan oven, measuring at Degrees Celsius °C.
Bondi Harvest recipe measurements use the Metric system.
Hey Food Lover!
Gain access to our new weekly recipes straight to your inbox and join our exclusive Food Lovers Facebook Group!