- 4 zucchini, cut lengthways into 1cm (½ inch) thick slices
- 2 eggplants, cut lengthways into 1cm (½ inch) thick slices
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) olive oil
- 520 g (2 cups) ricotta
- ¼ cup basil leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 50 g (⅓ cup) almonds, finely chopped
- 45 g (⅓ cup) pistachios, finely chopped
- 45 g (⅓ cup) macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 40 g (⅓ cup) walnuts, finely chopped
- 100 g (1 cup) grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups Bolognese (see Bondi Harvest.com)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C (400°F). Grease a 20 cm (8 inches) square, 6 cm (2 1/4 inch) deep ovenproof dish.
- Prepare a baking tray by lining it with baking paper then brush and season the zucchini and eggplant with oil, salt, and pepper. Lay flat on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes until tender and golden.
- Mix the ricotta, basil, nutmeg and lemon zest and juice together in a bowl until evenly combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the nuts and parmesan.
- Layer half the eggplant slices over the base of the prepared dish, overlapping to cover completely. Spread the Bolognese over the eggplant. Use all the zucchini to make a layer over the Bolognese, overlapping to cover completely.
- Sprinkle half the ricotta mixture over the zucchini, then top with a layer of the remaining eggplant and press down gently. Sprinkle remaining ricotta over, and top with the nut and parmesan mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, and serve hot.
Bondi Harvest recipes use a conventional fan oven, measuring at Degrees Celsius °C.
Bondi Harvest recipe measurements use the Metric system.
Hey Food Lover!
Gain access to our new weekly recipes straight to your inbox and join our exclusive Food Lovers Facebook Group!