- 1 Snapper, cleaned
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cm (1. inch) piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 3 jalapenos
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons ground allspice
- 125 ml (4 fl oz/. cup) Bundaberg Rum
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 100 g (3. oz) barbecue sauce
- 1 handful thyme, leaves picked
- 4 coriander (cilantro) roots
- 1 Cucumber, cut into ribbons
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 Avocado
- 1 cos lettuce
- To make jerk marinade place onion, ginger, jalapenos, cinnamon, allspice, Bundaberg rum, brown sugar, barbeque sauce, thyme and coriander root into a blender or processor and pulse until smooth and combined
- In a container or large sandwich bag mix marinade with snapper then place in the fridge and let marinate for at least 12 hours.
- To pickle cucumber place water, vinegar, and sugar into a pot and bring to the simmer, poor warm pickling liquid over cucumbers and let cool.
- Preheat your BBQ to a medium heat; rub the griddle with oil then remove your snapper from the marinade. Place your snapper on the hot BBQ and cook for 10 minutes on each side until caramelized and flaking off the bone.
- Serve with lettuce cups, sliced avocado, and flaked fish …
Bondi Harvest recipes use a conventional fan oven, measuring at Degrees Celsius °C.
Bondi Harvest recipe measurements use the Metric system.
Hey Food Lover!
Gain access to our new weekly recipes straight to your inbox and join our exclusive Food Lovers Facebook Group!