Grab’n Go Banana Breakfast Doughnuts
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
COOK TIME: 15 MINS
In this recipe video, we show you how to make the ultimate vegan Banana Bread.
Guy’s put his innovation hat on once again to bring you an egg-free, gluten-free banana bread loaded with omega 3’s and fibre using Chia Co. Chia seeds as an egg substitution and binder.
Make like Guy, and throw the batter last minute into doughnut rounds to make your bread extra fun: Banana Bread Doughnuts. You’ll be stoked with how easy this recipe is to make and run out the door with breakfast.
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Start by making your chia egg; simply mix chia seeds and water together in a bowl and let sit for 30 minutes until absorbed.
- Mix olive oil, bananas, honey and chia egg in a food processor or mixing bowl until smooth.
- Sift in flour and baking powder. Add walnuts and mix well until combined.
- Transfer batter into a cake, muffin or doughnut tin then bake for 20-30 minutes or until the bread is golden and the skewer comes out clean.
- Serve with strawberry chia jam or whatever garnishes you have on hand.
Bondi Harvest recipes use a conventional fan oven, measuring at Degrees Celsius °C.
Bondi Harvest recipe measurements use the Metric system.
Hey Food Lover!
Gain access to our new weekly recipes straight to your inbox and join our exclusive Food Lovers Facebook Group!