The Environmental Toothbrush is a simple solution to reducing the 30 million plastic toothbrushes that are disposed of annually in Australia. (Please note: hard plastics that are not containers such as toys and toothbrushes can not be recycled through standard household recycling programs.)
Made from solid MOSO bamboo, this Bamboo Toothbrush handle will biodegrade in compost rather than landfill.
*About the bristles: The bristles are made from Nylon 6 and thus this toothbrush is not 100% plastic free nor 100% biodegradable. For those seeking a completely plastic-free brush, the only option is animal hair bristle. It is not possible to make a bristle from 100% bamboo or plant oil (there will be some amount of petrochemical binder). Before composting, remove the bristles and place in your bin.
you are making a difference:
- Reduce the amount of non-biodegradable plastic entering landfills each year. At the end of its life, the bamboo toothbrush handle will biodegrade into your garden soil or compost without pollution (first remove the bristles and place in bin).
- Bamboo is renewable timber that grows without the use of pesticides – far preferable to a plastic handle made from non-renewable, polluting petrochemicals.
- Environmental Toothbrush is an Australian owned company.
- Heat-treated to carbonise the surface of the bamboo providing water-resistance and preventing the growth of microbes.
- Bristles made from a synthetic Nylon 6 resistant to microbial growth during normal use, to ensure safety and durability.
- Packaged in recycled cardboard box.
Available in three styles – adult soft, adult medium and child’s soft, plus charcoal toothbrush bristles.
Made in China.
Browse all our natural toothpaste & toothbrush range.
Love it? Shop now, PAY LATER with zipPay >