- olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup oregano leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 wheel double cream brie, torn into pieces
- 10 heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- cos lettuce cups, to serve
- To make our Vegetarian Frittata, heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Add eggs, oregano, brie and tomatoes. Cook without stirring until egg sets. Cover with lid to set top or place under a grill (if at home).
- Serve frittata sliced into wedges with avocado and cos lettuce cups.
Well this is the epic Vegetarian Frittata we tucked into after our first ever surf at Bells Beach! It’s packed full of protein and some good fats (oh and some brie) to get us through the rest of our adventures that day (one of which was diving for lobsters in secret caves).
This frittata can be easily adapted to suit whatever veggies you’ve got in the fridge, so get experimental and use up any leftovers or veggie that are on their way out!
It will also keep in the fridge for 3-4 days so make a big one, cut it into wedges and enjoy for breakfast or lunch throughout the week. Yeew!