These are delicious gluten free and dairy-free savoury pancakes that are full of protein and good fats. We’ve served em’ with Poached Eggs and a wicked chorizo, avo and rocket salad. If you’re vego replace the chorizo with some toasted walnuts.
If you want to do a sweeter version, add 1 tablespoon of sugar to the batter or throw in a handful of blueberries or some mashed banana. Yum!
As always if you’ve got any questions you can be sure we’ll have the answer. Pop your question in the comments below and we’ll get back to you asap. Yeew!
Healthy Quinoa Pancakes
- 2 1/2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup of gluten-free flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup coconut cream
- coconut oil, for frying
- Serve with Poached Eggs and avocado, rocket and grilled chorizo salad.
- To make pancake batter, add all ingredients to a food processor and process until a smooth batter. Add water if you want a thinner consistency.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add a little coconut oil. Spoon batter into hot pan. Cook until bubbles appear. Flip and cook until golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes with poached eggs and salad.