- 100 grams pappardelle pasta
- 2 cloves garlic sliced fine
- 1 chili minced
- 1/2 fennel diced
- 1 1/2 cups mixed mushrooms chopped
- 1 leak cleaned and sliced
- 1 lemon juice
- 100 gram butter
- 1/3 cup parsley leaf
- 1/3 cup sage leaf
- 1/2 cup walknuts
1. Bring a medium pot of water to the boil with a pinch of salt.
2. In a pan on medium head add butter and melt, add chilli, garlic, fennel and leak and cook till tender but not coloured.
3. Add mushrooms and cook till tender and slightly coloured. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Place pasta into boiling salted pot of water as cook as per instructions.
5. Once pastas cooked using tongs transfer pasta into pan with mushrooms, then hit with a squeeze of lemon juice and rind.
6. Add picked sage and parley and toss to combine.
7. Add some pasta water or olive oil if the pasta feels a little dry.
8. Re-season with salt and pepper then serve and garnish with toasted nuts