When life hands you lemons… you better hope that life also hands you some chia seeds so you can whip up this epic lemonade recipe Bondi Harvest style.
Not only have we upped the ante on this cooling summer tonic with the addition of chia seeds, but we’ve also infused it with some delicious spices that take it to a whole new level.
And remember, as Guy always says (well he said it this one time)…
“It’s all about the juice not the size of the lemons”… So wise, that’s why we keep him around.
Got some feedback for us? Pop it in the comments below!
How to make Lemonade
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2cm knob of ginger, sliced
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 1 clove
- 1/4 star anise
- zest of 1/2 lime
- juice of 3 large lemons
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Add water and sugar to a small saucepan over low- medium heat. Stir until sugar dissolves. Add ginger, vanilla beans and pod, clove, star anise, lime zest. Remove from heat. Allow to cool. Remove spices.
- Juice your lemons and measure how much juice it makes. It will differ form lemon to lemon.
- Combine equal parts juice and sugar syrup. Add chia seeds and give it a good stir.
- Serve with a slice of lemon and a slice of lime.